Hingham Municipal Lighting Plant - Home        
Site Map
Customer Service FAQs
Billing & Payment Options
Start or Stop Service Forms
Service Request Form
Report a Street Light Outage

To Stop or Start Service

There are two ways to initiate or stop service.

  1. Complete the start service request form to initiate service or the stop service request form. to terminate your service.

    Note: If you are a tax exempt business then please also complete the appropriate Use Tax-Exempt certificates ST-12 or ST-13. These forms can be downloadable with instructions, completed and mailed to the HMLP office.

    Note: If you are a landlord, please read the Landlord Authorization Form Instructions and complete the Landlord Authorization Form to indicate whether you would prefer to have electric service to your rental property or properties left on and placed in your name between tenants or, instead, to have service terminated between tenants. These forms can be downloaded, completed and mailed to the HMLP office.

  2. Or please come into our office located at 31 Bare Cove Park Drive. The office is open Monday through Thursday, 7:30AM to 4:30PM and Fridays 7:30AM to 1:30PM.
Helpful Resources:
    ©2004 Hingham Municipal Lighting Plant Get The Local Weather Forecast >    
  About Us | Rates & Billing | Start or Stop Service | Service Guide | Customer Service | Community Resources | News Contact | Careers | Site Map