|As the Hingham Municipal Lighting Plant closes in on
125 years of service to the community of Hingham.
HMLP continues to provide
low cost, safe, reliable electricity to
the residents of Hingham with a high level
of service and customer satisfaction.
The employees of HMLP work hard to ensure
that HMLP continues to strive for perfection.
Hingham’s early voters were right
about the advantages of a town-owned electric
A century later, our town still
- Quick response and top service from people who care about Hingham.
- Low cost, safe, reliable electricity to the residents of Hingham.
- Local control through elected Light Board Members.
- Low street lighting costs compared to nearby investor-owned utility rates.
- Involvement in Community Projects.
- A utility run for you, not outside investors.
Customer service is our top priority
and we are working hard to maintain
a high level of quality and customer
service. We will continue to look
at different ways that HMLP can provide
our customers with the very best service.