HMLP Partners with Abode Energy to Advance Air Source Heat Pump Adoption
Hingham Municipal Lighting Plant (HMLP) has launched a new program to build awareness of the benefits of air source heat pumps and make it easy for residents to explore and install this efficient technology that provides both home heating and cooling. “Air source heat pumps provide Hingham residents an alternative to fossil fuel heat and allows them to take advantage of Hingham’s low electric rates while making their homes more comfortable and reducing their carbon foot print.” said Tom Morahan, General Manager of HMLP. Continue Reading >
Heat Pump Program
The Heat Pump Program offers rebates for qualifying equipment listed on the Cold Climate Air Source Heat Pump List. Rebate amounts are $500/ton as determined by the system’s AHRI cooling capacity with a rebate cap of $2,000; additional adders available for weatherization and Energy Star.
Brief overview of rebating process:
- Optional no-cost consultations at any point(s) throughout the resident’s process
- Contractor Pre-Approval and Install QA: required for rebate eligibility; these two online forms are submitted by the contractor before and after install, respectively
- Using a contractor on the Participating Contractors List: not required for rebate eligibility but a good starting point; work completed by any contractor is eligible for a rebate so long as the equipment qualifies and the contractor follows the pre-approval & install QA process
- We would appreciate it if you would fill out this customer survey post heat pump installation
Rebate Eligibility Requirements
- Appliance must be installed at the account location.
- HMLP reserves the right to inspect the installation on premises.
Energy New England
Please visit the ENE HMLP Energy Saving and Rebates and Programs page for more information.
Let’s Go! >