Energy Star Appliances
Hingham Municipal Lighting Plant is pleased to offer rebates to customers purchasing selected energy efficient ENERGY STAR refrigerators, clothes washers, dehumidifiers, and more. ENERGY STAR appliances have been defined by the Department of Energy (DOE) as being significantly more energy efficient than the average comparable model.
The Advantages to Buying Energy Star Appliances
- Potential savings in energy costs of 15 – 50%
- Reduction of global energy consumption and need for additional generation
- Decrease in pollution from fossil fuels used to generate electricity
Appliances eligible for the rebate program:
Note: Rebates are paid out at 50% of the item cost, the purchase date must be within the current calendar year, and applications must be submitted by 12/31 of the same calendar year. All eligibility terms must be met to qualify for rebates.
- Refrigerator $25 (Old refrigerator must be taken away)
- Clothes Washer $25
- Central A/C (SEER >=16.5) $50
- Dehumidifiers $25
- Thermostat/s (Smart WI-FI Enabled) $100
- Programmable Thermostat/s $50
- Heat Pump Water Heaters (AHP – Air Source Heat Pump) $500
- Ductless mini-split (see heat pump program) $750/ton with a $4,500 cap
- Duct AHP; (see heat pump program) $750/ton with a $4,500 cap
Rebate Eligibility Requirements
Only selected ENERGY STAR appliances are eligible for rebates. Appliances that may qualify will have the ENERGY STAR logo on the yellow EnergyGuide label attached to the appliance. Appliance must be installed at the account location.
Proof of purchase in the form of the sales receipt dated on or after January 1 of the current year, a copy of the EnergyGuide label from the appliance purchased, and a completed HMLP Rebate Application will be required in order to be eligible for a rebate. Additional eligibility terms apply, please review all program requirements carefully and contact ENE at email@example.com with any questions.
Energy Star rebates (up to 50% of the item cost): Refrigerator $25 (Old refrigerator must be taken away); Clothes Washer $25; Central A/C (SEER >=16.5) $50; Dehumidifiers $25; Thermostat/s (Smart WI-FI Enabled) $100; Programmable Thermostat/s $50, Heat Pump Water Heaters (WI-FI Enabled) $500. Customers may receive up to $200 annually in appliance rebates, not including heat pump water heaters.