Energy Star Appliances
Hingham Municipal Lighting Plant is pleased to offer rebates to customers purchasing selected energy efficient ENERGY STAR refrigerators, clothes washers, dishwashers, dehumidifiers or unit air conditioners. ENERGY STAR appliances have been defined by the Department of Energy (DOE) as being significantly more energy efficient than the average comparable model.
The Advantages to Buying Energy Star Appliances
- Potential savings in energy costs of 15 – 50%
- Reduction of global energy consumption and need for additional generation
- Decrease in pollution from fossil fuels used to generate electricity
Appliances eligible for the rebate program:
- Refrigerator $25 (Old refrigerator must be taken away)
- Clothes Washer $25
- Central A/C (SEER >=16.5) $50
- Dehumidifiers $25
- Thermostat/s (Smart WI-FI Enabled) $100
- Programmable Thermostat/s $50
- Heat Pump Water Heaters (AHP – Air Source Heat Pump) $500
- Ductless mini-split (see program) $500/ton with a $2000 cap
- Duct AHP; (see program) $500/ton with a $2000 cap
Rebate Eligibility Requirements
Only selected ENERGY STAR appliances are eligible for rebates. Appliances that may qualify will have the ENERGY STAR logo on the yellow EnergyGuide label attached to the appliance. Appliance must be installed at the account location.
Proof of purchase in the form of the sales receipt dated on or after January 1 of this current year, a copy of the EnergyGuide label from the appliance purchased, and a completed Hingham Municipal Lighting Plant ENERGY STAR Appliance Rebate Incentive Application will be required in order to be eligible for a rebate.
Energy Star rebates: Refrigerator $25 (Old refrigerator must be taken away); Clothes Washer $25; Central A/C (SEER >=16.5) $50; Dehumidifiers $25; Thermostat/s (Smart WI-FI Enabled) $100; Programmable Thermostat/s $50;
Ductless mini-split (See Program) $500/ton with a $2000 cap; Duct AHP; (See Program) $500/ton with a $2000 cap