Hingham Building &/or Health Department, Hingham Fire, or Police Department Request for Termination of Power and Reconnect
If the Hingham Building Department &/or Hingham Board of Health, Hingham Fire and Hingham Police request termination
of power, HMLP will de-energize the service to the building. HMLP will either disconnect the service at the point of
Attachment, meter, or at the pole.
• HMLP will not re-energize a service until authorized by the appropriate Town department.
• The owner of record (or representative) must be home when HMLP reconnects/ re-energizes the electric service.
HMLP Determination to Terminate Power and Reconnect
If HMLP determines an unsafe condition or tampering with HMLP electric service, HMLP will immediately de-energize the
service (HMLP will either disconnect the service at the point of Attachment, meter, or at the pole). HMLP will notify the
• The owner of record will need to hire a licensed electrician to obtain an electrical permit from the building department.
• HMLP will receive an inspection certificate for the approval to reconnect the service.
• The owner of record (or representative) must be home when HMLP reconnects/ re-energizes the electric service
HMLP Reconnection Policy for Shut-off for Non-Payment or Non-Signup
HMLP Customer Service Departments must receive payment before HMLP reconnects/re-energizes the service.
• The owner of record (or representative) must be home prior to HMLP reconnecting/re-energizing the electric service.
• The main breaker must be open before the service/meter is reconnected/re-energized.
• Once the service is reconnected/re-energized, the owner of record (or representative) can close the main breaker.
• The last 3 bullet points are for the safety of HMLP Customers and HMLP Staff.