Start or Stop Service

There are two ways to initiate or stop service, online or at our main office.


Visit Our Main Office

Please come into our office 31 Bare Cove Park Drive Hingham, MA 02043.
The office is open Monday through Thursday, 7:00AM to 4:00PM and Fridays 7:30AM to 1:30PM.


If you are a landlord, please read the Landlord Authorization Form Instructions and complete the Landlord Authorization Form to indicate whether you would prefer to have electric service to your rental property or properties left on and placed in your name between tenants or, instead, to have service terminated between tenants. These forms can be downloaded, completed and mailed to the HMLP office.

Tax Exempt Businesses

Instead of filling out Form ST-13 for each utility company, the business will complete the information for the exemption online through the Department of Revenue’s MassTaxConnect application to receive a Small Business Energy Exemption Certificate. The Certificate will be effective for two years, rather than one year as it had been. To request or renew your tax exemption certificate, please visit the MassTaxConnect website.