HEIRP Community Presentation
The Hingham Electrical Infrastructure Reliability Project (HEIRP) is an ongoing project being led by the Hingham Municipal Light Plant to construct and operate a new transmission line and substation in Hingham to address critical reliability needs and support the Town’s climate change initiatives.
HMLP is actively seeking support from residents and business owners in Hingham for a Town Meeting article necessary to move the project forward. HMLP will propose a Warrant Article for the 2022 Hingham Town Meeting; asking to transfer of custody and control of the transfer station parcel from the Town to HMLP.
The first Community Meeting for this project was held on October 18, 2021 at 7:00 PM via Zoom. If you would like to view the presentation, please click here. The purpose of the meeting was to:
- Introduce the Hingham Electrical Infrastructure Reliability Project to Hingham residents and businesses
- Explain why this 115 kV transmission line project is needed
- Discuss how HMLP selected the Hingham transfer station site for its new substation
- Talk about the next steps
- Answer questions
- Obtain valuable community feedback
You can learn more about the project on heirp.com.