MEAM Communications & Energy Services Recognizes Two Members with Awards for Outstanding Industry Contributions in 2023
MASSACHUSETTS – Each year, the Municipal Electric Association of Massachusetts Communications and Energy Services (MEAM-CES) group recognizes the outstanding contributions of members through the presentation of its “Rising Star” award. Two members received the 2023 “Rising Star” award recognition.
Rising Star Award Recipients
The MEAM Rising Star award recognizes exceptional communications, community outreach, or project management achievement of public power employees who have been in a communications or energy services position for fewer than five years. MEAM has awarded two 2023 Rising Stars. First awardee is Kyle Holmberg, Communications/Energy Programs Analyst for Middleborough Gas & Electric Department. The second awardee is Brianna Bennett, Sustainability Coordinator for Hingham Municipal Lighting Plant.
Following the retirement of Middleborough’s communications manager, of 34 years of employment, Kyle Holmberg was promoted to the role of Communications/Energy Programs Analyst in early 2022. Since being promoted, Kyle has taken on all the communication responsibilities for the utility as well as added a few new ones. Kyle was raised in and still resides in Middleborough, which gives him the unique perspective on how to best communicate with our customers, because he is one. Some of Kyle’s accomplishments/responsibilities include:
– Responsible for messaging on all social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
– Coordinates Middleborough Gas & Electric Department’s (MGED) monthly Zoom Webinar series and a new Podcast series
– Serves as the primary contact for Customer Satisfaction Survey
– Participates in Monster Detective Collective program by presenting to local elementary schools
– MEAM-CES Group Member-At-Large & Conference Committee member
– Published the Middleborough Winter Assistance Brochure
– Responsible for all natural gas safety messaging and flyers
– Project Lead for newly designed MGED website including all electrical outage notifications
– Instrumental in creating MGED’s first Sustainability Report
Kyle is an excellent selection for the MEAM Rising Star Award as he has embraced and enhanced all of the Middleborough Gas & Electric Communication efforts since his promotion!
Brianna Bennett is a Rising Star in Public Power; Brianna has been inspirational in developing and implementing Hingham Municipal Light Plant’s (HMLP) new website and social media sites. Brianna has also developed the Electrify Hingham Program which helps customers reduce their carbon footprint and aids the Town in accomplishing Climate Action Plan goals. Brianna has become well known in Hingham for her involvement in the Energy Action Committee, the Climate Action Planning Committee, and other local organizations. Brianna is an excellent selection for the MEAM Rising Star Award as she has embraced and enhanced all of the Hingham Municipal Light Plant’s Communication efforts!
MEAM was formed in 1953 and includes all 40 municipally owned electric utilities in the state, advocating and supporting their management and mutual interests for the benefit of their citizen-owners. The MEAM Communications and Energy Services committee brings together utility professionals to share and monitor information in these fields for the advancement of public electric utility service.