Light-Emitting Diode (LED) Bulb Incentives
HMLP has had several energy efficient lighting programs with Light-Emitting Diode (LED) bulbs that have included our subsidizing discounts at local stores, distributing free bulbs at our office, giving them to several groups at the Senior Center, sharing them with Hingham students at various educational outreach programs and have made them available to participants at the Hingham Family Fun Day. The HMLP will continue to find opportunities to encourage its customers to use LEDs. We can increase their usage by working with our customers when they purchase a bulb and by our continued promotions with giveaways as a method of introducing the benefit of a LED to our ratepayers.
Customers must call the office before coming to pick up a light bulb at 781-749-0134.
Commercial Lighting Rebate Program
The Hingham Municipal Lighting Plant would offer a Commercial Lighting Rebate program to its commercial, industrial, and municipal customers. The lighting rebate applies to the retrofitting of existing:
- T12 fluorescent lamps with magnetic ballast to T5 or T8 lamps with electronic ballasts
- T12 high output or high intensity discharge (HID) fixtures to T5 or T8 high output with electronic ballasts
- New Light Emitting Diode (LED), Electroluminescent, or Photo luminescent exit signs that replace incandescent or compact fluorescent lamps (CFL)
- And the installation occupancy sensors – passive infrared and/or ultrasonic detectors only with no manual ON or override switches
- High pressure sodium, mercury vapor, incandescent outdoor lighting to LED
- HMLP offers the rebate amount at 50% of the project with a cap of $4,000 per account. The rebate amount will be credited to their account.